- Pastoral care
- Monastery store
- Herb garden
Shared meals are more than just taking nourishment at set times. For the monks, eating together is an expression of the life, prayer and work that they share. It is a reminder of the Lord’s Supper and anticipates the heavenly meal at the end of days.
The refectory is on the ground floor of the east wing and still home to ancient carved tables, door and lectern, in part dating back to the baroque period.
Master Franz Schmuzer of Wessobrun (1676-1741) is credited for the delicate stucco ornaments, framed in colour, on the flat ceiling.