- Product range
- The beginnings
- Upheaval and change 1803-1850
- On the way to modernity 1850-1900
- Development and renewal 1900-1972
- Complete new construction 1972-1984
- Investments in the future since 1984
- Raw materials & brewing process
- Distribution & sales
- EMAS environmental certification
- Beer glossary
- Andechs Beer in US
Andechser Export Dunkel, brewed using the traditional multiple mashing process, first draws your attention with its appearance thanks to its chestnut colour with hints of ruby red.
The fine-pored foam stands firm in the glass. Soft dark malt aromas accompanied by notes of caramel and cocoa with a hint of smoke flavour reach the beer connoisseur’s nose starting with the first sip.
Andechser Export Dunkel is pleasantly tangy with a full, round body and malt aroma. The semi-sweet chocolate note fits very well with the soft roast bitterness.
It has a mild and harmonious finish.
|Original wort||Alcohol content||Bitterness units||Energy value||Recommended serving temperature|
|12.7% by weight||4.9% by volume||18.8 IBU||192 kilojoules per 100ml||Between 7 and 9 °C|
News from the Andechs Monastery on YouTube, Facebook and Instagram