- Pastoral care
- Monastery store
- Herb garden
A more than thousand-year history
The history of Andechs begins long before the founding of the Benedictine monastery in 1455.
The name “Holy Mountain” originated with the Wittelsbach Duke Ernst (1373-1438). It is explained by the collection of relics kept here, with its beginnings traced back to the 10th century.
Accompany us through the thousand-year history of Andechs:
News from the Andechs Monastery on YouTube, Facebook and Instagram