- Product range
- The beginnings
- Upheaval and change 1803-1850
- On the way to modernity 1850-1900
- Development and renewal 1900-1972
- Complete new construction 1972-1984
- Investments in the future since 1984
- Raw materials & brewing process
- Distribution & sales
- EMAS environmental certification
- Beer glossary
- Andechs Beer in US
EMAS environmental certification
The Andechs Monastery brewery is always investing in energy efficiency to combine environmentally friendly production processes even more effectively with our quality philosophy.
For the monastery and its enterprises, economic activity and ecological action are two sides of the same coin. The monastery’s operations have always strived for long-term, organic growth combined with the continuous improvement of their ecological balance. For a monastic brewing enterprise with a centuries-long tradition, the diligent and gentle treatment of creation and its resources is a special obligation. Furthermore, the monastery’s brewery as a producer of high-quality food products depends on an intact environment.