- Product range
- The beginnings
- Upheaval and change 1803-1850
- On the way to modernity 1850-1900
- Development and renewal 1900-1972
- Complete new construction 1972-1984
- Investments in the future since 1984
- Raw materials & brewing process
- Distribution & sales
- EMAS environmental certification
- Beer glossary
- Andechs Beer in US
Beer is more than 90% water. Reason enough for the master brewer to closely examine the quality of water for the brewing process.
However, water is not only used for the brewing process in the Andechs Monastery brewery but also for cooling and cleaning. The Andechs Monastery brewery only uses water of drinking quality on principle.
Therefore, Quality Assurance at the Andechs Monastery brewery regularly tests the brewing water for bacterial and chemical-physical contaminants according to the German Drinking Water Regulation. The water quality can be optimised for the brewing process in accordance with the German purity law. Corresponding processes remove salts from the water, but no other substances are added.
News from the Andechs Monastery on YouTube, Facebook and Instagram