- Pastoral care
- Monastery store
- Herb garden
The cloister encloses the square courtyard in accordance with the classic monastery layout.
It interconnects the rooms similar to the atrium that forms the centre of the Roman dwelling. On the Heilige Berg, the cloister served as the monks’ burial place before secularisation in 1803. Gravestones of several monks still bear witness to the long Benedictine tradition on the Heilige Berg today.
On the ground floor of the Andechs Monastery’s square, the cloister connects the various rooms such as the choir chapel, the brothers’ rooms, refectory and consulting room. The cloister chapel dedicated in 1458 is located in the cloister’s southern section. However, the cloister is not open but glazed with crown glass due to the harsh winters.
At the Andechs Monastery, the cloister is used for large church services as well. It is also where the “standing convent” is held, a brief gathering of the monks after the morning prayer where they coordinate the pending tasks for the day.