- Product range
- The beginnings
- Upheaval and change 1803-1850
- On the way to modernity 1850-1900
- Development and renewal 1900-1972
- Complete new construction 1972-1984
- Investments in the future since 1984
- Raw materials & brewing process
- Distribution & sales
- Guided Tours
- EMAS environmental certification
- Beer glossary
- Andechs Beer in US
Automatic cleaning in the bottling plant starts with a caustic bath where the labels are removed. The bottles are turned upside-down and sprayed out with fresh caustic solution, followed by hot and cold water.
Then the “bottle inspector” checks the bottles for possible material defects and unwanted residues. Oxygen is removed from the bottles during filling and they are rinsed with carbon dioxide. This process is repeated several times. Finally the beer is filled into the bottles under positive pressure and they are sealed with crown caps. Cask filling is automated with the help of a robot. Casks weighing up to 75 kg are cleaned, filled, dated, labelled and stacked – up to 90 per hour.